"You have reached the Quarters of Ayesh. If you wish to leave a message, do so. I will be holding lessons presently, if thou wishes to learn then thou shalt attend, else thou shalt not learn."
Aim is best for me, I'm sorry I was asleep when you tried to message. I'm almost never asleep that early, but I was sent to sit in a room with less lights and sound till my headache medicine took effect, mum thought I was getting a migraine. Had my laptop on the dimmest setting, only one light on far across the room...got in two or three posts and then passed dead out. Slept, I dunno, 8 hours? More? I'm sorry.
Why sorry? Sleep is awesome! Besides, my wife is migraine prone, and I know headaches. Definitely take care of yourself, and never feel like you need to apologize for doing so. :)
I'm gone almost all day today, some work -- off to sell books, and then a larp tonight. But otherwise, happy to chat, and nice playing with you!
So, since you suggested talking to figure out where things would go, and you mention in your bio playing her in Trek fandoms --
where would Ayesh figure in terms of, say, Khan? -- one of the best examples of highly trained/long-lived, and clearly superhuman strength, speed, toughness, etc.
I actually, admittedly, know very little about Khan.
But she is.... Pretend a human could spend 100 years in their prime, and used it to train in the fighting arts. That's more or less where she is, but with more mental/emotional self-control than that might imply. So she is strong, fast, exceptionally flexible, clever, sharp.... but she can still be taken down, a broken bone is still a broken bone, she has no extra toughness, save calluses on the hands and feet where she strikes. In her series she is taken down - twice - by a poisoned dagger to the leg.
She isn't super human in any comic book way. She's just focused and dedicated and had more time to work on her fighting styles, and a whole lot of exposure.
Cool! -- so, training-wise, they're pretty close to equivalent, with training in different styles for contrast.
Sam is stronger/faster/tougher than a normal human, MCU Captain America, or Khan are good equivalencies, if either helps -- not up there with, say, the Godly types and high level superhumans, but stronger/tougher/faster than a normal human.
Physical advantages aside though -- should be some good back and forth, and definitely stuff they can learn from each other.
no subject
Date: 2016-03-05 05:24 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-03-05 01:41 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-03-05 04:59 pm (UTC)I'm gone almost all day today, some work -- off to sell books, and then a larp tonight. But otherwise, happy to chat, and nice playing with you!
Looking forward to more. My aim is dajyd.
no subject
Date: 2016-03-05 06:50 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-03-12 09:48 pm (UTC)where would Ayesh figure in terms of, say, Khan? -- one of the best examples of highly trained/long-lived, and clearly superhuman strength, speed, toughness, etc.
no subject
Date: 2016-03-12 11:15 pm (UTC)But she is.... Pretend a human could spend 100 years in their prime, and used it to train in the fighting arts. That's more or less where she is, but with more mental/emotional self-control than that might imply. So she is strong, fast, exceptionally flexible, clever, sharp.... but she can still be taken down, a broken bone is still a broken bone, she has no extra toughness, save calluses on the hands and feet where she strikes. In her series she is taken down - twice - by a poisoned dagger to the leg.
She isn't super human in any comic book way. She's just focused and dedicated and had more time to work on her fighting styles, and a whole lot of exposure.
no subject
Date: 2016-03-12 11:30 pm (UTC)Sam is stronger/faster/tougher than a normal human, MCU Captain America, or Khan are good equivalencies, if either helps -- not up there with, say, the Godly types and high level superhumans, but stronger/tougher/faster than a normal human.
Physical advantages aside though -- should be some good back and forth, and definitely stuff they can learn from each other.
no subject
Date: 2016-03-13 12:33 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-03-13 12:59 am (UTC)